Sunday, May 01, 2005

Places to visit...

Exams are over…grades aren’t out yet….but what the hell…I’m free and that’s what counts…plus that’s exactly what I’d like to tell myself every time I think about those horrid finals and the horrid grades that might ensue.

I have so much free time this weekend. Don’t know what to do. I tried the time tested formula of watching a dozen movies over the weekend but now I’m solid bored and can’t think of anything else to do. If nothing else works I’m going to try my hand at knitting.

Spoke to Amol a few minutes ago. He’s in Paris tonight. We got talking about the classy places we would want to frequent…the top of his list right now was visiting Poland. Why Poland? Coz he wants to visit one of those Nazi concentration camps which became a symbol of terror, genocide, and the Holocaust. But why would that be a priority tourist destination for Amol you ask? ….hehehe…the way he sees it is, once he gets married he can very easily visit the Eiffel Tower or the Sistine Chapel or some other pretty tourist place…but how in the world would you convince your spouse to take a vacation with your kids to go see some gas chambers or some crematoria which incidentally happen to be the site for the greatest mass murder in the history of humanity. Hmmm…Point…I would have to agree.

I’m not much into traveling abroad and seeing new places. I’m one of those boring guys who just loves the place where he resides and doesn’t care much about tourist destinations. Agreed I’m in Florida today but that’s only coz I study here…its not like I chose to be here coz its such a wonderful warm sunny state…HELL NO!!!

When people ask me what all places I’d like to visit, I feel bad to disappoint them…I don’t want to visit any place…but if u want me to accompany you somewhere, fine…I’ll tag along. Not a problem. So if I have to tag along with Amol to the city of Oswiecim, Poland it doesn’t matter…nor would it make any difference to me were I to meet up with some friend in Montreux, Switzerland. What I would really love though would be to meet everyone in the city of Poona….hehehe… there’s my favorite tourist destination for you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go here... :)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiroda is right at the top my list :-)) siighh... those were the days!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Baf..Then do make a trip to your favourite place soon..we will hav a blast

3:57 AM  
Blogger Dewdrop said...

Hi Pratap, Vik recommened me to visit your space. Your writings are quite rational and prolific. Though there appears a script error on loading your site, specially on IE. Maybe you wanna fix this.

Oh, your mention of Poona really caught my eyes. Its one of the most happening and rapidly growing town. Pune also happens to uncover some of my fossilized memories as a kid/teenager. Things that gets me nostalgic are trekking in the Sahyadris, eating vada-pav on laxmi rd, shopping at phule mkt and picnicking at Khadakwasla...hmm!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Pratap said...

Kanu...i'd love to come there but don't see it happening for a very long time :)

Deepali...True...Tiroda would definitely be on the top of my list too...that was truely an amazing trip, haina?

Devika...will make the trip this dec...hopefully :)

Dewdrop...'eating vada-pav on laxmi rd'...hahaha. I like u already. Your kind words are highly appreciated.

Vikas...thanks for taking care of the script error...and for the recommendation :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home