Friday, July 23, 2004

Happiness

HAPPINESS….is what I’m full of today.

It takes a lot for someone to make me feel truly happy. I mean a new bike or new clothes or maybe something in the same genre…..they please me Yes, but they don’t make me truly happy. Do you get what I’m trying to say?

It’s like this…. I love it when I gift my friends something awesome when they’re least expecting it….I love it when I get to hang out with my friends for days at a stretch…. I love it when people talk good about me, behind my back….I love it when India beats the crap outta Pakistan at some major tournament….I love it when I manage to successfully pull a major fraud on my friends…..I love it when my friends and family call me up all the way from India just coz they're missing me …..I love it when Manchester United kicks butt…..I love it when my cousins look up to me for advise…..I love it when a particular friend makes herbal tea for me…..I love it when it rains and my mom makes bhajjis…..I love it when I come home to be jumped upon by Astro my adorable dog…..I love it when I know I’ve done something that’ll make my dad proud…..I love it when I make the first move and make a complete stranger friends for life…..I love it when I simply give away my stuff just coz someone asked for it and see the frustrated look on my mom’s face…..I love it when I run into long lost school friends at some coffee shop and we pick it up from there as if we met just yesterday ….I love it when I get to go swimming on a particular virgin beach near my village, Tiroda…..I love it when I’m with my entire family as we gather for the evening prayer sessions at my ancestral place in Tiroda……I love it when my friends visit Tiroda……I love it when my class teachers ask my cousins to be more like me when I was in school……I love it when my friends con the crap outta me…..I love it when I sit alone reminiscing over the past over a cup of coffee.

But all of these put together can’t make me truly happy.

The last time I was overcome with pure happiness was when a particular Sheetal said “yes” to a particular Aditya.

And then there’s today…….Deepti got her visa and would be joining me at University of Florida, Gainesville.

HAPPINESS….is what I’m full of today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was nice readin ur blog dude....good stuff....
-Prashant Bhandari

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baph,
This is a very nice blog .... diff from ur usual mauling blogs! I am v happy for u :)

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home